Your boiler is perhaps the most important part of your home, especially during winter. So if you are wondering whether you should get a new boiler or continue paying for boiler services in North East to maintain your existing boiler, it’s important to consider the pros and cons.
Benefits of a new boiler
- Most modern A-rated boilers can deliver an efficiency of over 90%. Most old boilers are G-rated, which means their efficiency is less than 70%.
- Modern boilers allow you to heat each room in your home separately. You can even turn on the device from your mobile phone and even time when the thermostat turns on and off.
- Owing to better design and sustainable materials, modern boilers are generally quieter compared to older boilers.
Consider the price of a new boiler including installation
A boiler is a complex machine. No wonder, new boilers don’t come cheap. Moreover, the price of your new boiler depends on the size, type and brand. Generally, a new boiler can cost anywhere from £500 to £2,500. Be sure to consider all the facts before you decide on getting a new boiler.
When you do, you can rest easy in the knowledge that your energy bills would come down owing to your brand new and energy-efficient boiler.
How long before you can recoup the boiler replacement and installation costs?
Although you may covet the peace of mind that a new boiler brings, it’s equally important to identify how long before your new boiler recoups the cost.
While your replacement boiler guarantees some savings, how much you save will depend on the old boiler.
For example, let’s say you decide to invest in an A-rated boiler with thermostatic radiator controls to replace your G-rated boiler, here’s how much you can save annually:
- If you are replacing a G-rated boiler, you would save anywhere from £85 to £205 a year.
- If you are replacing an F-rated boiler, you would save anywhere from £55 to £145 a year.
- If you are replacing an E-rated boiler, you would save anywhere from £50 to £125 a year.
- And if you are replacing a D-rated boiler, you would save anywhere from £40 to £110 a year.
Signs it’s time to get a new boiler
- Your old repair is beyond repair
- You can expect instant savings
- You get access to more efficient heating controls
- Replacing your old boiler is cheaper than repairing it
- Your heating system has a dry cycle, which means it will not switch off even if it has reached the temperature you’ve set on the thermostat. By heating your home when it doesn’t need to be heated, you are simply wasting a lot of energy.
CBFM Heating offer boiler services across the North East. Contact us today for a free quote.
Unit A1, The Avenues,
Eleventh Avenue North
Team Valley Trading Estate,
Tyne & Wear
Need a new boiler?
Any boiler needs to be efficient and suitable for your home situation. We can recommend the best type of boiler from leading brands that come with long warranties, low running costs and high levels of efficiency. A combi gas boiler installation is the benchmark for efficiency, often with smart controls like Economy settings and an ability to link to smart devices like phones for voice control.
- Award- winning, A-rated boilers
- Up to 10 years parts & labour warranty
- Smart thermostat included
- Local, Gas Safe registered engineers
- Instant no-obligation quote
Home cover plans
Plans to keep your mind at ease
We rely on our central heating to keep us warm, so having a boiler you can rely on is extremely important to most homeowners and business owners from our base in Gateshead, where we please clients across the North East.
- Annual boiler service
- 24/7 emergency helpline
- Parts and labour included
- Network of approved engineers
- Unlimited callouts for breakdowns & repairs